pumpkin, spinach and ricotta pie
- Leave a Comment
This crustless pie is a lovely recipe to have in your repertoire . Its a real crowd pleaser…… delicious eaten hot or at room temperature and being easy to transport makes the perfect addition to your picnic basket. I have adapted the recipe from Julie Goodwin’s pumpkin, spinach and ricotta quiche…..omitting the crust makes it so much easier to prepare.
1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
2 onions – halved and sliced
2 cloves garlic – crushed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
100g baby spinach
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
olive oil, salt and pepper
ALL YOU NEED TO DO
- place pumpkin a little olive oil salt and pepper in a baking dish and roast for 30 mins.
- While roasting, fry onion and garlic and remove from heat.
- Add spinach to onion and leave to wilt
- In a separate bowl beat eggs vegetable oil and flour with a whisk, until smooth, then add grated cheese.
- Toss roasted butternut into spinach mix
- Grease a cake tin. (I use a 20 cm square) and line with baking paper
- Add half the pumpkin mix to cake tin, then half the egg mix. Top with the remaining half pumpkin and finally the remaining egg mix.
- spoon ricotta over the top and burrow in with a spoon
- Bake for 45 mins – medium oven (180 degrees)
|It is so easy to cut into this pie…clean every time|