baked eggplant with chilli and ginger dressing
- Leave a Comment
I just came back from a fabulous weekend in the Freycinet national Park, Tasmania. The weekend was one of pure indulgence, where we drank fine wine and ate the fanciest food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant at the resort was called the “Palate Restaurant” and this recipe is my adaption of one of the salads on offer one lunch time.
- 2 medium egg plants
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- Chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp soy
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbspn olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp castor sugar
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Top and tail eggplant and cut into 3 or 4 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 mins. Then since and pat dry with paper towel. Brush with olive oil and roast in a hot oven until tender. (about 30 mins)
- Fry shallots in a pan with a little hot oil, then drain onto paper towel and set aside.
- Make dressing by mixing ginger chilli, soy, vinegar, sesame oil and sugar and olive oil in a jar
- Place baked warm eggplant on a serving plate, spoon dressing over the top of the eggplant and let it soak in.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with fried shallots, sesame seeds and chopped coriander
Add to favorites